What is Grow It Yourself / GIY ?
GIY is a 12-month membership to ensure that your organic gardening efforts are simplified and strategic.
You'll be lead by the hand, every step of the way.
No more guessing what can grow well in your garden's unique climate.
Join fellow gardeners and grow $700 worth of produce in 10x10 square feet
GIY is a program that makes your food garden dream a reality,so that you can call, any of the following gardens your own.
Small-Space Veggie Garden
Why GIY?Do you find yourself:
- Frustrated about not being able to find local & organic produce in the market?
- Mad about the fact that "approximately 13 to 20 million agricultural US acres were treated with 18.7 million pounds of glyphosate annually." (Data from the EPA)
- Intimidated about growing your own food?
- Disappointed that each year the pests get to your veggies before you do?
- Wanting to grow more food than ever before?
Then join a program that makes organic gardening and all its complexities,
simple and strategic for you!
What's included in GIY ?
In this step-by-step permaculture gardening course you will master the very basic but essential skills of seed starting, transplanting, and harvesting. Included are:
- Sprouting your own Microgreens
- Garden Design
- Choosing Your Plants
- Seed Starting
- Garden Maintenance
- Harvesting Your Plants
- Mushroom Growing and so much more!
Every month you will meet with an experienced and accredited permaculture gardener. This way you can troubleshoot any problems that arise from your unique situation.
These calls are the heart of GIY because behind every garden is a person and often a family with their own specific needs. A garden mentor is someone who is accredited in permaculture gardening, can see the big picture, and encourage you towards your next garden goals.
GIY includes group coaching calls and
monthly 1:1 mentoring for 12 months!
Our private non-Facebook, garden community is a place where you can:
- Troubleshoot any garden problems
- Learn from fellow gardeners
- Ask your specific questions
- Share your progress
& Celebrate your wins together!
These "Zoom Check-Ins" are the heart of GIY because behind every garden is a person and often a family with their own specific needs. A garden mentor is someone who is accredited in permaculture gardening, can see the big picture, and encourage you towards your next garden goals.
Resources to Support You
Don't know where to begin? Or know exactly what you want to grow, but not quite sure whether your plant combinations grow well together?
Check out the resource design templates & workbooks to springboard your garden planning! In GIY, you get access to a regularly updated archive of:
- Raised bed planting templates to ensure you have a diverse array of plants to confuse the pests with!
- Seasonal checklists to help you make sure that you are caring for your tools, the soil, and preparing for unexpected weather.
- A shopping guide so that you know where to source non-GMO, organic, and heirloom seeds and plants
- A proprietary tool to help you calculate the number of plants you need to grow to feed your family.
- Your garden installation day checklist so that you can prepare all the materials and plants you need weeks before you break ground
- A printable "Planting Calendar" that helps you plot what days you will be starting your seeds, transplanting them outdoors, and harvesting your crops.
& so much more!
Rewards for achieving Milestones
We've seen our most successful gardeners become more motivated and excited to grow when they know that there are rewards at stake.
Because of this, we've included GIY challenges and contests throughout the year. We try to celebrate even your small wins by rewarding you with:
- Berry plants of your choice
- Goumi berry and elderberry cuttings for you to root and grow
- Handmade dibbers made from reclaimed wood
- Artisan & US-made garden spades
- Handcrafted pollinator habitats
SAGE: A Garden Design App
What do you get when you combine garden know-how and technology? An app that takes the guesswork out of figuring out what to plant and when.
This software includes a planting calendar and a garden designer that will remind you when it's time to start, transplant, or harvest your crops. How cool is that?
As a GIY Member you get exclusive access to the latest version of this app before its release to the public this year.
The True Cost of GIYYou get all of this for one year
PLUS! The power of knowing how to grow your own food
For only $399/yearOr a monthly payment plan of $39/month X 12,
you get all the above
PLUS! the power of knowing how to grow more abundantly each year.
Some gardeners spend this much on one stop at their local garden center.
But they won't get the ongoing, 12-month support that you'll be getting from a GIY membership.
They won't know what to do when the pests come and decimate your kale.
They won't know why their plants died and what they could have done to keep them alive.
You've tried it alone.
Perhaps hopelessly trying to YouTube your way to garden success.
It's time for a more intentional approach.
It's time to
Successful Gardens from our GIY Members
Through GIY Amy is learning to identify the crop varieties that do well in her Pacific Northwest climate, like swiss chard!
Happy Gardener Testimonials
Nicole is a Suzuki violin teacher and a homeschooling mom who has very little time to grow. She considers the garden her 'happy place."
Listen in on how Lisa's journey started with her son's allergies and how growing her own food gives allows her to feed her kids the best kind of food money can't buy.
Sandy grows in the toughest climate there is: the deserts of Arizona. She manages to grow 300 lbs. a year since joining GIY.
Emily is an authority on the connection between nutrition and PCOS. She passes on her food-growing skills to her kids.
"Nicky's garden design for my backyard is not only beautiful but maximizes space & uses permaculture principles that lead me to grow more veggies than I thought possible in my tiny space!"
Nicole F., Virginia
"The first module of the GIY course alone was a game-changer for me!"
Tracy P., Georgia
"I want to let you both know how much I enjoyed gardening and GIY this summer! Thank you!!!"
"Nicky and Dave are kind and caring and compassionate people that have helped me through successes and failures in my garden, and I have far better results than I have ever had before!
The true principles that are taught apply to any gardener, and the community provides support and accountability all through the journey.
This is one of the best investments I have ever made in a program."
Sandy S., Arizona